Parallels - Please sort out the update process to 3.0!!!!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hairyneanderthal, Jun 3, 2007.

1. hairyneanderthal

hairyneanderthal Member

Following the links on my email to persuade me to upgrade, it seems that somewhere along the line Parallels information on me has been forgotten?
    I can logon to parallels with my email and password, but the upgrade logon page doesn't recognise my logon and asking for information to be resent just gets an error.

This needs sorting out fast... seeing as we only have till the 6th to get that extra $10 discount.

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Parallels has outsourced the software distribution to abother company (Digital River). If you have never bought SW from that company before, you will have to create a logon on their system. If you have bought SW from Digital River before, it will save you from having to re-enter your name, address, and credit card info. No big deal either way.

3. David5000

David5000 Pro

I have bought from Digital River many times before but it still wouldn't recognize my login. Oddly it offered to create a new account using my login plus a numeral 1 on the end so that is what I used.

Later I looked back at the original "Getting Started with Parallels Desktop for Mac" e-mail I had received from Parallels and saw that I had the "free Upgrade Protection for one year following the date of purchase." I tried to cancel my order but haven't received a confirmation yet.

David

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  4. wesley

wesley Pro

Maybe this is a problem Digital River needs to sort out.

5. jylyn

jylyn Bit poster

I have the same problem. I bought Parallels in October through Digital River so that can't be the issue. I received the info about upgrading in an email, but when I enter that same email address to get my login details resent I get an error message.

6. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello, hairyneanderthal
    Try to connect to Element 5 support group

Regard,
    Ankou

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  7. David5000

David5000 Pro

Update: I forwarded my cancellation request to <order-support@parallels.com>, as suggested in the FAQ in this thread <http://forum.parallels.com/thread12331.html>, and received a prompt credit.

I was also given this link for customer-service questions: <http://ccc.element5.com/ccc/?languageid=1&pid=129204505>

David