Parallels Problems - will updated build 3188 fix it?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ari, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ari

ari Member

Parallels has been, for me, much less stable with the last update. I think there is a conflict with Outlook. In any case, I very much wish I never installed it and was going to post a question about how to revert to the more stable version.

But this morning, after parallels just crashed, i see a message there there is an update. I have a few questions:

1. Are there any special requirements for this update? Should I uninstall Parallels first?

2. Will this fix the problems I have been having?

3. If it will not fix them, is there an easy way to revert to the previous, more stable version?

I am on a Macbook Pro 2.16 with 2 gig Ram.

thanks!
    ari

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Well, let me start with saying that you should Back-up your BootCamp partition (if you are using one with Parallels), and .hdd files you have as well as your .pvs files. Once that is done, go into your VM, Un-install Parallels tools, then after the Windows restarts, shut it down gracefully.

Once everything is backed-up and Parallels tools is un-installed, un-install Parallels preferably using the one you installed with.

Now that that is done, install the new Parallels, then open your Parallels configuration file again. Boot up, and then install the new Parallels tools. Hopefully everything is working...

As to fixing your issue, I don't know, if you outline it I might be able to advise you.

And finally, it is easy to revert, just make sure that you have old installer and you should be able to do the same as outlined above, but substitute old for new and new for old.