Parallels Service not responding

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by TomR1, Jun 19, 2015.

1. TomR1

TomR1 Bit poster

Parallels Service is not responding whenever parallels is running. I have reinstalled the tools with the same result.
    I'm running System 10.10.3 and Parallels 10.2.1
    The Windows 7 apps become unresponsive to my mouse click from time to time. That's what caused me to start researching what could be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Tom Raddemann

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. JesusB2

JesusB2 Bit poster

The link you sent leads to an error page!!!!! how can i uninstall Parallels Desktop???

4. TomR1

TomR1 Bit poster

I did what you asked, Quit Parallels ... ran the uninstaller ... then reinstalled Parallels.
    It ran fine for about 10 minutes, I was watching the activity monitor and Parallels Service went (Not responding) at about the 10 minute mark and has remained in that state.
    Any thing else to try, Manoj?

5. TomR1

TomR1 Bit poster

Parallels Support, I still have the problem with Parallels Service went (Not responding). What an I do to fix this??? The Windows environment goes unresponsive for about 5 to 10 seconds every few minutes.

6. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Tom, please try to re-download Parallels Desktop from here and then try installing. Check if you are getting the same error.
    If the issue persist, please follow the steps below:
    Open Disk Utility and run a permissions repair on your startup volume:
    1. Select your MacintoshHD on the left side of the window, select "First Aid" tab on the right side.
    2. Click 'Repair disk permissions'.
    3. After this is complete, close Disk Utility.