Parallels team, please read! RE: automatic updates

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by loughkb@yahoo.com, Mar 21, 2007.

1. loughkb@yahoo.com

loughkb@yahoo.com Member

Hello,

We use a few licensed copies of parallels in a production environment. Mostly on executive machines. Since we're nearly all Mac workstations, it is nice to replace a few physical PCs with VMs. However, the recent alert window regarding the 3188 update popped up on all of them. I had one exec try to install without asking. He failed, due to their accounts not having admin access, which is good.

We in I.T. try to test all software before deployment to eliminate potential problems. I don't want any automatic updates going into production. I looked but did not find any way of disabling the automatic notification of available updates. Is there such a feature? If not, can you please please please include a toggle to turn that off? Our IT manager is on my back about this, we need to disable it on the production machines asap.

Thanks for any help!
    Kevin L.
    Computer Admin
    Sweetwater Sound.

2. hyperact

hyperact Junior Member

It's there

Choose "Check for updates" from the Help menu. Uncheck the box in the dialog that allows automatic checks. Hit Okay.