Parallels window is transparent....

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by jisley, Jun 6, 2006.

1. jisley

jisley Bit poster

Using Ubuntu (Dapper), my parallels window has some transparency when XP is loaded. Does anyone know whay might be causing this?

Also, is Full screen mode available for the 30 day trial?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Perhaps some of your screen pixels are leaking.

3. monkeyhelper

monkeyhelper Bit poster

More info

I experience this too. I'm running Ubuntu Dapper with AIGLX (compiz). If I switch to metacity (as my window manager) then there are no display problems. This appears to be an OpenGL AIGLX issue with the Parallels interface, I'm guessing -> anybody have a solution, or does the Parallels interface code need some tweaking ?

Any comment from the parallels dev team on this ?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

We will investigate this - thanks for reporting.

5. adorettic

adorettic Bit poster

Fix

Hey fellas, I encountered the same problem. I don't know why Xgl misinterprets the os's display as a regular window and uses forced transparency on it, but you can tell Xgl to make it fully opaque by opening a terminal and typing "XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 parallels". The window should now open fine and transparency is disabled in it. Hope this helps.
    Now if could get the damn thing to let me use internet in my guest os :(.

P.S. Might I suggest there be a link to the forum placed on the main site, I just guessed and went to forums.parallels.com, but as far as I can see there is no direct link to here anywhere on the main site.

6. domino

domino Bit poster