Parallels/Windows connecting to another Parallels/Windows across the network

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mahuti, Jun 28, 2007.

1. mahuti

mahuti Bit poster

I have 2 macs with parallels / windows installed. I need the parallels/windows on Mac#1 to connect to the parallels/windows on Mac#2. Using either Windows I can surf the internet and I've been able to connect to other macs on the network. I have been unable to connect to another Windows/Parallels setup however. I've also been unable to find any posts regarding this either.

Do any of you have any insights into how I might connect the 2 up, or do you know of any other posts relevant to this issue?

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Use bridged networking in Parallels/Windows, use static IP's in Windows, use dhcp or statically enter the IP of the default router, use dhcp or statically add the IP's of the name servers, add the IP and hostname of the Windows systems to each of the Windows systems's host files (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).

3. mahuti

mahuti Bit poster

Thanks,

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I'll post my success or failure sometime in the next few days.

4. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

The cool thing is that you actually have it working on two machines ;)

Let us know of your networking success. I can network to my primary WinXP (PC) machine from WinXP on this MacBook -- but I only have one Intel Mac, so I can't try what you are doing.

Phil

5. mahuti

mahuti Bit poster

OK. Got it up and working. Now my Quickbooks is multi-user compatible. Sweet. Now parallels is actually useful ;)

All I had to do was set it to bridged networking. I didn't have to do any of the other stuff. Thank you for the advice... it worked like a charm.

6. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

The "other stuff" is just in case your dhcp lets you down. Glad it's working.

7. mahuti

mahuti Bit poster

I hear you. I think I've had to do some of that with one of my junkPCs in the past. Thankfully these are currently working better networking wise. We'll see how long that lasts.