parallels with hard drive

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by donkon90, Dec 7, 2008.

1. donkon90

donkon90 Bit poster

I'm just not sure if I can do what I want to...I have parallels and I'm getting an external hard drive soon but I'm waiting until I get the hard drive before I install parallels because basically what I want is to have parallels running on my macbook so that I can run windows and mac os on my laptop, (there are programs that I would like for school and such that either dont run on one or the other...)
    But then I would like to run games and movies and songs on the hard drive. (first off how much memory should I reserve for the windows portion?)
    If I reserve about 20-30GB for say,( for windows), can I have all the memory that is being used by the games, movies, songs... on the hard drive and still play all of the windows things from the hard drive on the small portion of windows memory reserved on the laptop by parallels...

I hope this isn't too confusing. I just need some clarifications on how things here will work. Thanks for the help!

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

My suggestion is following:
    1. Virtual Memory, not more than 50 % of Mac OS memory
    2. Disk size during creation - size 512 GB, expanding - do not worry in case of expanding, it takes exactly the size of data you are keeping on it