Parallels Won't Stop Asking Me to Connect Keyboard to VM (5580)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by sunkil, Dec 2, 2007.

1. sunkil

sunkil

Thread was moved from "Parallels Desktop for Mac > Installation and Configuration in Mac OS".
    Stacey M

I use Parallels mainly to run the necessary software to use my blackberry as a modem. Lately when I'm connected, Parallels continually asks me if I want to "connect USB HID" device to the virtual machine, which I presume is the internal keyboard. Yesterday out of frustration I answered yes and lost the whole keyboard and trackpad and had to do a hard reboot.

This is a problem because the question dialogs are cumulative, and also when a dialog window is open, Parallels uses over 100% of my CPU as opposed to the normal 50% when I have the blackberry connected.

I'm on a new macbook pro running 10.5.1, up-to-date vista, and parallels beta 5580 (the problem was occurring in 5570 as well).

Anyone else have this problem, or suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2007
  2. STim

STim Super Moderator

Please try the following:
    1. Shut down your VM.
    2. Go to Edit->Virtual Machine...
    3. Select USB Controller in the left pane.
    4. Select "Connect to Mac OS X" option in "Connection options"

That should workaround the issue while we're preparing a fix for it.

3. sunkil

sunkil

Thanks for the response ... I hadn't tried that because I connect the Blackberry through USB and was afraid if it automatically connected to the mac os, I wouldn't be able to connect it to the windows os ... but I'll give it try.