Please help -- Host-only DHCP stopped working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dylansm, Jun 20, 2006.

1. dylansm

dylansm Member

Hi--
    For some reason I can no longer use 10.37.129.2 to view my sites hosted on OS X. I can't ping the IP address at all. Everything else seems to be working, but this is an urgent problem. The Parallels Host-Guest Adapter in the network preference pane, which I believe usually has a green indicator is also red. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    --Dylan

2. dylansm

dylansm Member

Follow up: I have this working again by using the gateway address of 192.168.2.1 -- is this the preferred way? What would the DHCP be used for? Any ideas?

3. serv

serv Forum Maven

You've most probably turned on Internet Sharing and later rebooted your Mac. Parallels DHCP service deactivates itself when IS is on. The address given by Parallels DHCP (10.37.129.2) worked before you restarted, but was not assigned to en2 after reboot. 192.168.2.1 is the address IS assigned to en2.

4. dylansm

dylansm Member

Once again, thank you! You guys are really great. That's exactly what happened, and I appreciate the clarification. So I'm going to assume that I can reliably use 192.168.2.1 from now on. Please let me know if there's more to the story.