please help im goin away in a few hours!!!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dannydag, Dec 21, 2006.

1. dannydag

dannydag Bit poster

plzzz can anyone help me. in a few hours ill be going away to a friend house who doesnt have internet. anyway i installed the new beta of parallels and used the bootcamp partition i did everything stated and it worked ok i then booted up on bootcamp and had the prob lem of not begin able to select the option becuse of the keyboard after i then edited to boot.ini file to 5 and this worked fine. and i booted into the bootcamp partition and removed the parallels tools. i then restarted and now i have a big problem the message no longer comes up which is what you would expect but the computer just reboots itself automatically so i cant go into the bootcamp partition. i not sure buy it might have been the boot.ini file thas effecting it but i now try and put it back to what it was beforeusing parallels but becuas i removed the parallels tools i canot acess the bootcamp partiton at all. please can anyone help me to boot it back up plz as i have alot of work on this and games etc which i would like to play while away but i cannot as it reboots itsself when i click on the windows xp on start up. im now using the mac os x side and btw i have a macbook pro c2d 2.16. plz anyone can help me within the next few hours i would greatly appreciate it thank you so much!

Daniel

2. chosenken

chosenken Junior Member

Um...first off, grammer is a friend, not an enemy.

Now, is the computer rebooting when you try to boot into Windows, or right when you start up? If it is rebooting while starting up, hold down the option key, like right after the Mac start noise. This will make the Mac search for all bootable devices. It should then pop up with two hard drives, one with OSX and one with Windows. Then you can boot into Mac. Now if you did something to your boot.ini file, you might be foobard.

You can try to boot it through Parallels and see what happens. If that dosn't work, then...you might have to reinstall Windows on the boot camp. I'm not sure though so don't hold me to it hehe. It might be possible to fix the boot.ini file but I'm not sure. Hope that helped you a little bit!

3. luomat

luomat Hunter

Help me Help You

I was willing to overlook the "IM-speek" for the Subject of the post, but then I opened it up the post and saw this huge block of text with no capitalization and no breaks between any paragraphs.

When you're looking for help on any public forum, take a few minutes to make it look nicer, and you'll get more responses.

Or insist on doing it this way and don't. Your choice.

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

luomat, thanks for that pointer. I'm sure to find lots of use for it. And kudos to the folks who wrote it. It should be required reading for anyone before posting a question.

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

Ummmmm isn't that supposed to be grammAr ? *grins*

Spell checkers are a mans best friend ;)

6. luomat

luomat Hunter

Spell checkers? You mean what Harry Potter uses ;-?

Spelling checkers are a man's(*) best friend.

(*) Note punctuation :)

7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i didn't claim to be better at grammar than spelling. hehe ;)