Possible problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by snit, Apr 18, 2006.

1. snit

snit Member

On my MBP, control clicking for the right mouse button usually works well. But, when I'm in MS Office and try clicking on a squiggly line (for instance, to correct spelling in an email), I get a dialog box saying "Make a selection first". That says to me that the right button event isn't getting passed on as a right button event. Any help? Guest OS is Windows XP, and I'm running Office 2003. Does seem to do the right thing control-clicking on the desktop, etc.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for reporting! We are aware of such problem and working on solution.

3. snit

snit Member

There's no workaround, then? I.e., no other way to get a right button event?

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Oops - sorry. I misunderstood your question. My answer was concerning issue with unability to send "Ctrl + Left mouse click" to guest OS, since this combination is interpreted by Mac OS as mouse right click.

About your issue - we will check it.

5. IMNiles

IMNiles Junior Member

Oh good, I'm glad you're aware of the "can't control click" issue, because I can't select discontiguous items in windows because every ctrl-click is misinterpreted as a right click. I think VPC might have made this an option of some kind, so those of us using two-button mice can regain the use of our control-left-click.