Power Nap doesn't work when I try to wake my MacBook Pro 2015

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by kiraatr, Jul 7, 2016.

1. kiraatr

kiraatr Bit poster

I followed the steps suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/122033 and checked the settings many times to make sure it's correct.

Although when my MacBook Pro is sleeping, I still couldn't wake it. The version of my parallels access in my Mac and IPhone are both up-to-date.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

3. JoM1

JoM1 Bit poster

Thanks for supporting. I'm feeling completely dummy with this.

4. CateS

CateS Bit poster

Now I have the same problem too. Did you find a fix? Tried all the stuff here and none is working

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @CateS , is it happening with only one device or all the devices?

6. JannB

JannB Bit poster

Is this problem already fixed? I bought a PA Business Edition, switch WOWLAN on my MacB Air 2013 on and tried to wake it up from IOS and Android 8.1 - But didnt work...

7. ThomasB32

ThomasB32 Bit poster

Same problem here: power bap is enabled, but I cannot wake my MacBook Pro when closed. It does work when I put it into my HengeDock docking station (i.e. waking up), but I can't wake it up via Parallels Access ...

8. Please check this KB article and let us know did you perform all steps from it to setup the Wake on Lan option?

9. ThomasB32

ThomasB32 Bit poster

Yes, I did. But I found in an Apple KB the hint, that power nap might only be working if the Macbook is connected to a remote screen

10. @ThomasB32 could you please share this KB and also inform did you try this hint?

11. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

Is this problem already fixed? I bought a PA Business Edition, switch WOWLAN on my MacB Air 2013 on and tried to wake it up from IOS and Android 8.1 - But didnt work...

12. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

13. BoraK

BoraK Bit poster

My Macbook Pro 2015 (Catalina 10.15) could not be awaked from Iphone 10X Max. I tried lots of time. Mac's power pluged on. Every settings are ok. I followed the steps suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/122033. And Network Signal is perfect. Thank you for your help.