Presales: running Windows SAP client on 20-30 Macs

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MalteB1, Jul 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MalteB1

MalteB1 Bit poster

Hi all,
    I have a pre-sales inquiry.

I manage about 40 Macs of which 20-30 need to be running SAP very soon. Turns out the Java-based SAP client for Mac is surprisingly unreliable and subpar so we will run the Windows SAP client in Parallels Desktop for Mac running Windows 10. Only other requirement is an anti-virus scanner. The vast majority of users will be accessing SAP from within company premises. Few will have to access it remotely.

I was hoping someone here has some experience in this kind of setup and could help me answer some of my questions below:
    1) Is there any good way to manage 20-30 Parallels installations from one/my Mac? I.e. deploy Windows updates or install anti virus remotely?
    The reason I am asking is that my Windows-centric HQ is telling me that Parallels VMs are hard to manage and/or apparently not with Baramundi which is used to manage Windows installations remotely.
    2) Alternative to the central management: Is easy to prebuild a Windows 10 VM with just a SAP and anti-virus on it?
    3) Does Parallels have another product besides Parallels Desktop that might be more suitable for this kind of scenario, i.e. running 20-30 Windows VMs to run a simple SAP client?
    4) Last but not least, how do I procure and handle those 20-30 Windows 10 licenses? Can I reuse the licenses?

Thank you for whatever insight you can share with me.

2. MalteB1

MalteB1 Bit poster

So is there no pre-sales support at Parallels? Or perhaps I just haven't looked in the right places?

3. Hi, you can ask us any questions in this thread or create a new one.
    We will be glad to help you.

4. MalteB1

MalteB1 Bit poster

Hi Maria, I posted this in response to my original post that went unanswered. I was just thinking that perhaps my inquiry is just too extensive for a single forum post?

5. according to your firs post, please check info about Parallels Desktop for Business https://www.parallels.com/products/business/
    and let us know does it work for you or not?
    Would you like to administrate all Mac with Parallels Desktop and deploy something?

6. MalteB1

MalteB1 Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    The business solution sounds great, just what I need. How about deployment of anti-virus software, how do I handle license key deployment on all those VMs?

7. nakaheinkchbk

nakaheinkchbk Bit poster

Would you like to administrate all Mac with Parallels Desktop and deploy something?