Print Screen problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Howard Brazee, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Howard Brazee

Howard Brazee Hunter

Thread was moved from "Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux > Windows Guest OS Discussion".
    Stacey M

I wanted to print a window, so I hit Shift-Apple-4. The cursor markers came up as expected, but the Windows Start menu also came up, covering part of the window I wanted to capture and print.

How can I avoid this?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2007
  2. Intersecting

Intersecting Parallels Team

As I know to print screen in Mac OS X you should use "Apple"+Shift+3. Don't release anything before you pressed all of them at the very same moment.

3. Howard Brazee

Howard Brazee Hunter

I didn't want to print the whole screen, I wanted to Apple+Shift+4 (Although the apple symbol isn't on the new iMacs). This works similarly to Apple+Shift+3, but puts some cursors on the desktop which I can use to select a portion of the desktop to save.

Either way, is a big pain since I have to then open the saved file, print it, then delete it.

I haven't tried Apple+Shift+3 from within Parallels though - it wasn't what I wanted to do.

4. biglar

biglar Pro

Mine works properly in version 5158. I get no Windows start menu and you can select the part of the screen you want.

IMAC 2gb memory with Windows XP Professional.