Printing (Through Airport Extreme) problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by grouchonyy, May 20, 2007.

1. grouchonyy

grouchonyy Bit poster

I am running Parallels (XP Pro) on my MacBookPro. I have a HP 2600N LaserJet printer connected via Airport Extreme. I print from my Mac (and other Macs on the network) with no problem. I can't, however, get the printer to print when I'm on Windows. The documents cue but stay there. Before I networked the printer, I could print from Windows with no problem. I tried installing a "new printer" but to no avail. BTW, I have no problem accessing the internet on Windows via the Airport.

How do change my Parallels, or windows settings to access the networked printer?

Thanks in advance.

2. vdhoopati

vdhoopati Bit poster

Is your printer on the network or directly connected to usb port? For network connect to printer by virtual port and give the IP address of the printer! IP address of the printer can be found in printer settings Print a test page of the printer that will show the IP address of the printer! I hope that solves the problem!

3. grouchonyy

grouchonyy Bit poster

Bonjour did the trick

After I posted, while looking through the other topics, I found a topic where a similar problem occurred. I did not notice it at first due to the topic difference, but it suggested using Bonjour for Windows. I tried it, and it worked immediately. Treating the situations as two distinct machines did the trick.