Problem 1 - My subscribers unable to access their website from their location

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TrevT1, Oct 27, 2015.

1. TrevT1

TrevT1 Bit poster

It is an interesting issue I have

I have a number of sub-domains where according to locale, some users will either get a 404 error or a default page so for example, I have a band of users in canada that would see a default page and one guy in Tennessee that would either see one or the other from any choice of browsers. I have used Webmin to perform updates and there's been some Plesk updates also via the plesk panel. But other users haven't had a problem accessing their individual sites. It's been the same configuration throughout and I have no problems viewing the 2 troublesome websites. If one user used a VPN or proxy server, they're fine but regular browsing has been a failure for them. Any ideas? I thought I'd start at CentOS first before I look at posting the same on a Plesk forum. I raised this same issue with on the CentOS forum and they said that there was a plesk update that had put a non-Centos web stack onto the server thus caused the problem

2. TrevT1

TrevT1 Bit poster

I know it's not CentOS because I've reimaged the server. I think the problem might be ticking the third party bit in updates OR adding more repositories because even plesk wont download 12.5.30 either. But finding the fault on the plesk filesystem is just a pain in the rear for me. Hence why I did a server reimage. Kept the repositories to the default and carried on. But everyone can see my server now without using a proxy.