Problem: OS X 10.6.2 Parallels 5 prevents host OS from entering automatic sleepmode

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Armin Schöffmann, Jan 14, 2010.

1. As long as parallels is running on our macbooks, the host OS won't enter automatic sleep-mode upon energysaver idletimeout expiration. As soon as parallels main-app is closed, sleepmode functionality is restored.
    It is independant of the guest-OS type and independant, wheather guest OS is in a sleepstate or not.
    Is this a known issue or are there workarounds? According to these userforums, the problem seems to be quite common without qualified solutions.
    @parallels support: In case of "unsolved issue" please file this ticket as a bug-report. A reliable auto-sleepmode is an substantial feature of every macbook.
    Regards,
    Armin Schöffmann.

2. Shepherd

Shepherd

Hi,

I have the same problem and since my MPB enters automatically in sleepmode when I start it in Safe boot, I had to uninstall many programs to be sure PD5 was the guilty one.
    This problem of PD5 depriving the Mac of entering in automatic sleepmode .

Regards,

3. Elric

Elric Parallels Developers

Could you please wait till the moment when you expect that Mac should enter to Sleep-state and then if it doesn't, click menu of Parallels Desktop "Help" -> "Report a Problem" and send a problem report. Then post its number here

4. Shepherd

Shepherd

Hi,

I will do that ASAP. I already sent a report (not waiting specially for expected sleep timing). ID: 2145004.

Curious, my previous comment has been shorten (by the moderator?). Was it so embarrassing for Parallels?

Regards,

5. Shepherd

Shepherd

I'm sorry I had (and still have) no time for managing this problem: still there and quite annoying for energy saving.
    Regards.

6. Edward Curry-Hyde

Edward Curry-Hyde

I am experiencing the same and believe this caused the logic board on my MBP to breakdown due to overheating....not happy about this. Now repaired and running again but I am being more cautious about leaving the machine running.

I will attempt to file a report at the time that it should be entering sleepmode.
    Regards,
    Edward

7. Edward Curry-Hyde

Edward Curry-Hyde

I have filed a report on my machines status shortly after the time that it should have gone into sleepmode. The report is ID 3465571.
    Regards
    Edward

8. Shepherd

Shepherd

Problem is still there

Why Parallels never comes back to answer when problems seems annoying?

9. Graefe

Graefe

Now, with 10.6.4 and 5.0.9376, still no automatic sleep mode. :(

Graefe