Problem reading CD audio in parallels under XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by PYL, Jun 18, 2006.

1. PYL

PYL Bit poster

Hi all,

I am having problem reading Audio CDs under winxp trough Parallels on my MacBook Pro 17".
    I'm wondering if any of you is facing the same issue ? The cd is found, the tracks are found but the reading doesn't work, it goes all the way down the tracks in a couple 2 or 3 seconds without reading any. I include hereunder the report that itunes provides with this problem. Can you help ?
    Any advice will be appreciated.

Pierre-Yves.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

iTunes 6.0.4.2
    Pilote de CD 2.0.4.3
    Pilote de DLL CD2.0.3.2
    UpperFilters: GEARAspiWDM (2.0.4.3),
    Gestionnaire vidéo : Parallels Video Driver\Virtual Video Adapter

IDE\DiskVirtual__HDD_[0]________________________FWR10003, Bus Type ATA, Bus Address [0,0]
    IDE\CdRomPRL_Virtual_CD-ROM______________________R102____, Bus Type ATA, Bus Address [1,0]
    Certains ordinateurs ont besoin d’une mise à jour du pilote du bus ATA. Si iTunes rencontre des difficultés à lire ou graver des CD, vérifiez le site d’assistance technique du fabricant de votre ordinateur ou de votre carte mère.

L’utilisateur actuel est administrateur.

D: PRL Virtual CD-ROM, Rev R102
    CD audio dans le lecteur.
    16 morceaux trouvés sur le CD, durée de lecture 53:05 sur CD audio.
    Piste 1, début 00:02:00
    Piste 2, début 03:04:54
    Piste 3, début 05:50:56
    Piste 4, début 08:46:24
    Piste 5, début 11:04:00
    Piste 6, début 16:23:44
    Piste 7, début 19:36:62
    Piste 8, début 22:25:22
    Piste 9, début 25:52:06
    Piste 10, début 28:42:19
    Piste 11, début 33:56:21
    Piste 12, début 37:21:29
    Piste 13, début 39:42:18
    Piste 14, début 45:07:63
    Piste 15, début 48:28:09
    Piste 16, début 50:58:56
    La lecture du CD audio a échoué. Code d’erreur : 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1.
    iTunes ne parvient pas à lire ou importer de musique à partir d’un CD inséré dans ce lecteur. Une mise à jour du programme interne du lecteur est peut-être nécessaire. Vérifiez auprès de son fabricant.
    Vitesse du lecteur obtenue.

2. jledingham

jledingham Bit poster

Re: Problem reading audio CD

I'm experiencing the same problem with Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 and Parallels Desktop for Mac, Build 1848 (June 12, 2006).

Audio CD-ROMs will not play in either Windows Media Player or iTunes. The CD is correctly read as an audio CD, with the names of the tracks properly applied, but will "play" an entire track in less than a second. If the properties of the device are set to analog instead of digital playback, Windows Media Player complains, "There is a problem with your media device. Make sure it is working correctly or contact the device manufacturer."

MacBook Pro, 2 GHz Intel Core Duo with the internal CD-ROM/DVD drive, Mac OS 10.4.6.

I hope Parallels can resolve this issue.

John Ledingham

3. paulux

paulux Bit poster

cannot read or rip cd in windows media

each time, i tried to read a cd on windows media 10 or 11 beta, I get this :

Windows Media Player cannot read the CD. The disc might be dirty or damaged or the CD drive might be malfunctioning.

also, i cannot rip the cd, it forces the cd to go into analog method. It looks like it goes through rip process but the wma files are not created.

any suggestions will be appreciated on listening or/and rip.

4. leftquark

leftquark Bit poster

I am also having the same issue. I belive the problem is that the audio drivers are not working properly. I'm using a Mac Book Pro 2.16ghz machine. Anything that uses sound does not work for me. I've tried installing the audio drivers but it doesn't work via the Add New Hardware menu in Control Panel. I've tried using the bootcamp cd but it recognizes that it isn't Bootcamp and won't let me install the audio drivers. If I find anything out, I'll post here.

-Leftquark

5. Ma(r)c

Ma(r)c Junior Member

Bump (same *exact* problem)

iMac 19" 2 GHz Intel Core Duo with the internal CD-ROM/DVD drive, Mac OS 10.4.7

Ma(r)c

6. shermshermy

shermshermy Bit poster

Same problem

I am having the exact same problem. I have upgraded to the lastest beta version and cannot Rip CDs under Windows XP Home. I am using Easy CD-DA Extractor and I get an error every time on every track. I hope they figure this one out quickly

7. ltf3

ltf3 Junior Member

Me Too!

Any news?

Lee

8. dgarrett

dgarrett Bit poster

Me, too.

Same problem. Anyone?

9. Ma(r)c

Ma(r)c Junior Member

bump (again)

Well now. I just upgraded my Parallels installation to version 1898 relelase candidate and updated my trial license. Guess what?

The problem described above still persists. I've searched these forums and the general internet, and have found no solution to the problem as described.

Is there any hope of solution to this problem, or should I just delete my trial license and wait for VMWare to solve this?

TIA,

Ma(r)c

10. pjmann

pjmann Bit poster

Audio CD Problem still exists with Build 1922

Audio CDs still dont play with the latest build RC 1922

...no audio drivers in parallel tools :(

Will this problem be fixed in the future? :rolleyes:
    TIA

11. Ma(r)c

Ma(r)c Junior Member

Just upgraded from OS 10.4.7 to OS 10.4.8 and from Parallels build 1898 to build 1922 - problem still persists.

Anybody???

12. .mini.

.mini. Bit poster

yes. it seems my problem. look my post.

yes. it seems my problem. look my post.

13. .mini.

.mini. Bit poster

i can write in spanish?

14. donnie

donnie Member

I also cannot play audio CDs in Ubuntu hosted on 20" Intel iMac.

15. Ma(r)c

Ma(r)c Junior Member

I just downloaded Parallels Desktop for Mac, build 1940. Performed an upgrade install and...trial license expired.

There is *no* way I'm going to pay for Parallels until I can verify that this functionality is debugged. Anybody try to read/play an audio CD under build 1940 yet?

Ma(r)c.

16. donnie

donnie Member

Just upgraded to 1940 and still can't play Audio CDs in Ubuntu hosted on 20" Intel iMac.

17. m2893

m2893 Bit poster

I guess it is not likely to work soon either

Check out this post together with an "official reply" in the forum next door.

I'd say this indicates that we shouldn't expect a quick fix... :mad:

Michiel

18. mikechadwick

mikechadwick Member

why does it matter?

Gotta ask the question - WHY do you want to play audio cd's in Windows anyway?:)

19. Ma(r)c

Ma(r)c Junior Member

Why?

Because one of my key pieces of software (use it all day, every day) is J. River's Media Center. It manages about 300 GB of audio files in FLAC format, about 30 GB of jpg's and about 20 GB of video's (home videos, etc.).

Why not just use Apple's software (iTunes, iPhoto, etc.)? Here's why:

• Media Center supports FLAC
    • Media Center streams my media to both my TiVo's (converts FLAC files "on the fly" to MP3)
    • Media Center streams my media to both my Netgear MP101's using a UPnP server
    • Media Center has something known as "smartlists" - these are auto filters that allow your entire library to be dynamically filtered based on criteria you establish (i.e. Type=Audio, Genre=Jazz, Rating>=4, BPM<=80, Last Played>=30d)
    Audio CD functionality allows me to add new music to my existing library - currently 1 to 2 new CD's a week.

Ma(r)c

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  20. Ma(r)c

Ma(r)c Junior Member

Aaaaah crap. Michiel - thanks for posting this. Guess I'll have to investigate some sort of work-around (rip files on another computer and import). :(