Product Registration Issue....

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DiScO, Dec 2, 2008.

1. DiScO

DiScO Bit poster

Hi,

I received an email from Parallels team stating You or somebody else had tried to register key for Parallels Desktop 4.0. This key is already registered. Has anyone else had this? I registered this code last month, has my security been compromised or is this a scam?

Cheers.

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

It could be the reply delay from Parallels team, but still it would be better to inform Parallels with a different email for security purpose (to avoid any possibility of hacking).

3. DiScO

DiScO Bit poster

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. How would I know if it was a reply delay? I seem to recall there was a problem with the codes when I upgraded from V3-V4. I was sent a new code. I have not got another email account that I would trust. I have changed my password on the other account just incase. Is this something I need to worry about? If someone has gotten hold of my product code, there is a good chance it will start circulating and I'll get these emails every day I expect. What should I do? The email is very unclear with regards as what to do. Would there be an IP address linked to the failed registration? I know what mine is.

Cheers.

4. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

If your license is valid, just ignore the email. You have nothing to worry about.