Programs won't Maximize from Dock in Coherence or Crystal

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by scott29, Nov 15, 2009.

1. scott29

scott29 Bit poster

Running Parallels 5.0 with Windows Vista Home Basic on a Macbook Pro with 8 GB of memory.

When I run in Coherence or Crystal mode, there are "launcher" icons put on the Mac dock for the programs I have running in the VM. If I click on them, I expect the programs to maximize and gain focus.

This is happening rarely. In most cases, nothing happens at all. After clicking dozens of times, finally it will usually end up maximizing. Some times I've had to go back to "Window" mode in order to view and use my Windows programs.

What causes this behavior and how can I fix it? These modes are completely useless with this issue, and I need to get it fixed.

Thank You in advance.

2. scott29

scott29 Bit poster

Is anybody else experiencing this issue? I assume that clicking on the icon in the Mac dock should always bring up my program window, but that's not the case.

3. SJR

SJR Member

I am having the opposite problem! - I cannot minimize anything in Windows XP when in crystal mode - the app initially minimizes the springs back to full size immediately afterwards!