Question on build updates

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by bmwmcrider, Jan 6, 2009.

1. bmwmcrider

bmwmcrider Member

Hello,

I currently have build 4.0.3540 installed on my MB Pro. I noticed the build is now up to 3810. When I click on the Check Now button in the Parallels Preferences General Window I am informed that I have the latest update.

Hmmm - 3540 doesn't equal 3810. What is going on???

Regards,

Mike

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. K-Dee

K-Dee Member

3810 a new version that has enhancements and bug fixes. It's new as of yesterday.

4. bmwmcrider

bmwmcrider Member

Thanks John for the reply but I am still mystified as to why the Preferences->General window "Check Now" button, when pressed, reports my 4.0.3540 installation is up to date. If there is a newer version out shouldn't I get an update window informing me that a newer version is available for download? Indeed, shouldn't this occur automatically? I mean I have the preferences set to check for updates once a week.

I only learned about the existence of a new version via a posting to a Yahoo group I belong to. While I am on the subject I a little leary of installing the update. That person making the posting warned everyone not to install the update if you are using a specific Windows application which I am. When he installed the update, his application was totally trashed. I guess he wound up by going back to build 4.0.3540 to get the application running again.

Thanks,

Mike

5. STim

STim Bit poster

Mike,

Where did you purchase your Parallels Desktop 4.0? Was it online store or retail? Which language version it is?

And what is the specific Windows app you use?