Quicken 2007 Icon in Doc

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by alexy, Dec 1, 2007.

1. alexy

alexy

A small issue, actual Quicken 2007 icon does not appear in the Dock

All other icons are correctly displayed

2. gegervision

gegervision

What OS and Parallels build are you using?

3. alexy

alexy

Thanks for the post.

I'm using Windows XP Home and Pro
    Issue has occured on Parallels 3.0 Retail, Beta 5570, and Beta 5580

Macbook Pro Core2 Due 2.2Ghz
    2 GB RAM, 8600GT 128Meg Video

4. gegervision

gegervision

What version of OSX? Have you tried removing the icon from the dock an re-adding it?

5. alexy

alexy

I'm using Leopard 10.5.1

Yes, I've tried removing the icon.

I searched the web about this and others have had this same issue.

Do you have Quicken icon showing on your Dock?

6. gegervision

gegervision

Yes I do. I had an issue with 516x and 5570 but it was resolved for me in build 5580. Removing the icon from the dock. The delete all applications in your Library --> Parallels --> Windows Applications folder. Then try repopulating your Windows Apps then re-add the Quickbooks icon back on the Dock again.

7. alexy

alexy

Thanks for the help, but populate didn't work, i just tried it. However, I figured out what's wrong. It turns out parallels is searching .exe files in windows "program files" folder. The quicken qw.exe does not have an icon inside the .exe file but a link to an .ico file. So this is not a parallels problem. Since I'm new to the macs, I need to change the windows .ico file to the mac icon file and then somehow attach to the parallels folder.

8. gegervision

gegervision

I do not think this is your issue. I have Quickbooks 2007 running and my icon shows up fine. We're dealing apples to apples here so what you state above could not be the issue in my opinion.

Did you do what I recommended about deleting all apps in the Windows Applications folder before populating Windows apps again? It sounds like from what you stated above that you only repopulated apps and did not delete all the old ones first.

9. alexy

alexy

I did delete the windows application folder. I was crossing my fingers as it was re-populating per your instructions.

By the way, does your Quickbooks .exe file have an icon in your program files folder?

Would you please confirm!

My qw.exe has no icon attached to the file.