RC Networking: Beta6 was better!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by metajam, May 18, 2006.

1. metajam

metajam Bit poster

What happened to host-only? That was the only stable solution I had with B6 and it worked beautifully with natd on OSX.

Bridging to wireless worked OK in B6, but seemed to cause the wireless to drop out at times. DHCP was broken with bridging to wireless.

Now in Release Candidate:

1. Host-only gone.
    2. Bridging to wireless somehow disables the network on the OSX host.

please, please, please bring back host-only or fix bridging.

-Jamie

2. dotdd

dotdd Junior Member

3. serv

serv Forum Maven

metajam,

Host-Only is still there in RC. If you're having problems with Host-Only network immediately after upgrade, please restart your Mac. If that doesn't help report here.

4. Jerry

Jerry Member

I've also got a problem with Host-only networking since the upgrade. MacMini 1.66, WinXP SP2.
    Under B6, the only way for me to get to the macs folders was using host-only, as shared folders kept crashing explorer. Since the upgrade, it is just 'gone'. host-only is still selected, but I can't see my macs folders (shared via mac sharing control panel). Even the alias I made doesn't get me onto the mac. Shared folders on RC1 seems to be even worse, with explorer now quitting all the time with memory access problems. I have re-installed, uninstalled, restarted, the works, but no go. What's even more curious is that even after going back to B6 & re-installing VM Tools (replacing newer drivers with the older ones) the host-only networking is still kaput.

-----------------------------------

Deleted B6. Installed RC1. Now Host-only networking is working again (with the older VM Tools still installed). Installed new VM Tools, still working fine...I'm confused, but happy!

Last edited: May 19, 2006