RC + VS2005 Install

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dcsmrgun, May 29, 2006.

1. dcsmrgun

dcsmrgun Bit poster

I'm having some issues installing Visual Studio 2005 Professional. The problem is that the installer (and VM) seems to have come to an absolute crawl.

I am installing Visual Studio 2005 Professional from two CD images which I made from our MSDN library CDs. Everything was going swimmingly for the first 10 minutes too.

The OS is Windows 2003 Server with 384MB allocated (I have ordered another 1GB stick for my iMac, so I will soon allocate it a full 1GB). The disk is 20GB set up as an expanding disk image. Acceleration is also showing as high.

This is just about the exact same install I did back when Parallels first released their Mac product, except that the install was obviously done with Beta1 (or perhaps Beta2) -- the only other thing I can think of that may differ is that this is an expanding disk image, whereas I made the first image 20GB right off the bat.

Anyway, the installer is proceeding, but at a snail's pace. I don't remember how long it took me under Beta2, but it certainly wasn't this long.

Is there anything I can do to help debug this issue? I'm fairly certain that if I interrupt this install and try it again tomorrow the results will be exactly the same.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Please wait for RC2 - reported performance issues were fixed there.

3. dcsmrgun

dcsmrgun Bit poster

That's good to hear, thanks Andrew!