RC1 little problem...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by pecos, May 21, 2006.

1. pecos

pecos Bit poster

hello,
    i have noticed a little problem of screen calibration in RC1 : the display in guest OS windows XP is slightly too dark compared to the same picture displayed in mac OS.

is there a way to avoid this ?

(it seems that other problems encountered in previous releases have been fixed - fantastic job, guys !!! i will certainly buy this product !!!!)

2. n4khq

n4khq Member

Fonts don't look as good either but that is just XP, looks the same on a Dell and Sony monitor.

3. pecos

pecos Bit poster

I don't think so... previous releases didn't have the same problem. since beta 2, i used to place exactly the same wallpaper under mac OS and under guest OS windows XP, and i hadn't noticed any variation of gamma or luminosity when i was switching from an OS to the other.
    in RC1, my wallpaper is really slightly too dark, compared to the same in mac OS. of course, all apps are affected.

And, the big problem is that you CAN NOT set the gamma (for example with "adobe gamma" control panel) in guest OS, probably because the video card in windows, in this case, is not a true one, but is emulated.
    I think it could be very usefull to add a feature in paralells desktop preferences to allow the user to set a particular gamma or ICC profile in guest OS.

Last edited: May 22, 2006