RC2 and OS/2 Warp 4.52

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bdkennedy1, Feb 17, 2007.

1. bdkennedy1

bdkennedy1 Junior Member

I'm using RC2 and OS/2 Warp 4.51 will not install. While version 4.0 of Warp installs fine, there is a problem with version 4.52's boot disks with Parallels.

When you get to the 3rd boot disk, the installer throws out messages such as "The system cannot find the file "PNP.SYS". The device driver, program or data file is not located in the default path or the path specified for it in the CONFIG.SYS file. Install this file in the correct directory or correct the appropriate CONFIG.SYS file statement.

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Did you carefully follow the Warp install instructions included in the user guide that comes with Parallels? I got it to work and had no problems with the installation phase. I was interested in running Windows 3.0 in OS/2 so I could light off my old Micrografx Designer proggie and it worked great. I was rather stunned, to be honest.

I used to run an OS/2 BBs so I then fired up my old website and it worked great, too - it used Mike Cowlishaw's REXX web server, GoHTTP. It was really fun to see that old stuff running on my Mac. I didn't try starting Maximus BBS or Binkley, but what I did try worked pretty well. Somewhere here on tape i still have my Hobbs mirror downloads area and a complete FidoNet config from when I was the NC here.

3. bdkennedy1

bdkennedy1 Junior Member

I used to be on the Micrografx Designer team :)

There really wasn't much in the user's guide about Warp 4.5 except the hard disk size and amount of RAM. I downloaded Parallels RC3 to see if it made a difference and I still couldn't install Warp 4.52 even with using the "Typical" OS Installation Assistant.