RC2 - Mini DualCore still refuses to (go to) sleep

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by pwith, Jun 1, 2006.

1. pwith

pwith Member

As the title of my message says my Mini DualCore w/2 gigs of ram refuses to go to sleep per schedule set in energy saver. No other programs are active.

This was an issue for me with RC1 and caused me to have a 1 hour + conversation with Applecare

Resolution - remove Parallels Desktop - that solved the problem.

Please let me know if you are planning to deal with this issue or if you even consider it an issue.

Thx

Peter

PS: I can put my Mini to sleep by pressing the powerbutton on the back

2. sgpub

sgpub Junior Member

I have similar problems in getting a Mac mini (same sort) to sleep -- it simply wakes up straight away after Apple-Sleep or pressing the powerbutton.

It does this even when Parallels isn't running, so I suspect it's not caused by Parallels.

I remember a Mac Cube exhibited similar behaviour.

3. arfung

arfung Junior Member

macbook pro won't sleep either

I have the same problem with my macbook pro. With parallels VM installed (RC1 and RC2) my powerbooks will not sleep automatically (I set the auto-sleep to 15 mins in energy saver to test). I uninstall parallels, and the autonomatic sleep works fine. This is a problem even no VMs are running and even if the app is closed. So, I suspect that it must be an issue with the kernel extensions.

4. pwith

pwith Member

Just checked my MacBook Pro and can report that it also fails to go to sleep per energy saver setting in System Preferences - the MacBook Pro does go to sleep when the lid is closed.

Peter