Read This Before Upgrading

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rmeyer52, Feb 27, 2007.

1. rmeyer52

rmeyer52 Member

So of course I upgraded from Release 1970 to the new verion and here is what I found:

-I lost my previous version on my MAC. I could not transition I looked via spotlight and it was not to be found.

-I had to reinstall Vista (when you do DO NOT enter the key number in the Vista window. It will tell you that you have the wrong key number for the installation.

-Once I did that everything went fine except I lost my old files that were in my old VM like the version of MS Office 2007 that I had installed. If anyone knows how to find the old files so that I can delete them (such as the previous version of Parallels) please let me know.

You think you would expect better but frankly the tech support here is non existant.

2. STim

STim Bit poster

Under no circumstances we delete the Virtual Machines when upgrading to newer version. So, your previous Vista installation is still somewhere on the disk.

Please, look into Home->Library->Parallels. Most probably, your VM is somewhere there. Alternatively, you may specify the "winvista" keyword to Spotlight to find it.

Best regards,
    Tim