Reinstall Network Adapter

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by mfcmfc, Jun 3, 2007.

1. mfcmfc

mfcmfc Bit poster

XP host and XP guest. My parallels guest network connection started trowing error messages about the network settings not being consistent. I uninstalled the network adapter, but then realized that I didn't know how to reinstall the network adapter. When I launch the parallels installer, the only option I get is to completely uninstall parallels. Is this the only option? I tried uninstalling than reinstalling the parallels tools.

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

I would have thought that re-installing tools should have done the trick.

Since that didn't work, you may as well shoot yourself.

Just jokin.

Uninstall Parallels tools again, then right click on "My Computer", then click on properties. Click on the hardware tab, and then Device Manager button. Find network adapter, click to open to view the adapter entry, then right click on it, and click on uninstall.

At this point, re-install parallels tools. If not asked to, reboot at this point.

Good luck.

3. mfcmfc

mfcmfc Bit poster

Uninstalling and reinstalling the tools didn't help. I uninstalled then reinstalled the entire program and that did the trick.

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

Well done.