Rhapsody (WMP DRM) and MTP (MP3 Player)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BeeEss, Sep 8, 2006.

1. BeeEss

BeeEss Bit poster

Hello!

I am runing XP Pro under Parallels Desktop for Mac, and I am unable to get my SanDisk Sansa M250 to work with the Windows OS in "MTP" mode. Specifically, the OS sees the Sansa and recognizes that it is an MTP device, but none of the apps (Windows Media Player, Rhapsody, et al) can recognize the player in MTP mode.

If anyone is successfully using a MP3 player that works with a music subscription service using WMA with DRM (Rhapsody To Go, Napster To Go, etc), I would really appreciate some guidance. As of yet I am unable to determine if the problem is a Windows-only problem or if it is a Windows-under-Parallels problem. I have heard that this works under BootCamp, but I would prefer not to have to go that route if possible.

I am running XP Pro (SP2) under Parallels 1884 RC on a MacBook 1.83Ghz with 1GB RAM running OSX 10.4.7.

Thanks a bunch!
    --b

2. burgeke

burgeke Member

I'm wondering if you had sucess with the latest RC update. I have a Razr and would like to use it as an MTP device under Parallels.

Thanks!

3. burgeke

burgeke Member

It has been quite some time since I looked at this last - has anyone gotten MTP devices to work? (i.e. the Razr V3m) Thanks!

4. jbuecker

jbuecker Bit poster

Update ? : Will the Sansa MP3 Players Sync with Rhapsody Subscription Services?

Following up on this topic :

Can anyone confirm successful Usage of the Sansa Players with Rhapsody?

If I find out more information, Ill post here as well.

Thanks

Jason