Right-Click Issue in Parallels 4 (3540)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kevinvh@mac.com, Dec 11, 2008.

1. kevinvh@mac.com

kevinvh@mac.com Member

Discovered that some functions under the right-click contextual menu do not work in PD4 under either XP/SP3 or Vista SP1 when running Java (6/11) under Internet Explorer 7.

Some right-click menu items work but some don't - do not have this problem with PD3 (5626).

Nothing appears in the logs.

Please IGNORE this post and see later post

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2008
  2. kevinvh@mac.com

kevinvh@mac.com Member

Some menu items under the Right-Click contextual menu do not work in PD4 with Java (6/11)/IE7. The same issue arises with XP/SP3 and Vista SP1.

The particular web based application is WebIress - it works fine with PD3 (5626) so it appears that the problem is caused by PD4. There are no error logs generated.

Some Right-Click items work and others don't.

Also noticed that it takes a lot longer for the XP and Vista VMs to start and shutdown under PD4, even when running in Window mode.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Example please for Java , how to reproduce

4. kevinvh@mac.com

kevinvh@mac.com Member

Hi John,

Will be difficult for you to reproduce unless you have a Commsec login account for CommsecIRESS (WebIress). I can send you a screenshot - what email address do I send the attachment to.

Upon further testing, I have found that the problem occurs using the touchpad and 'Shift-Control-Click' - this brings up the contextual menu OK but have to continue holding down 'Shift-Control' while clicking on 'Delete'. Previously only had to click on 'Delete'. Using a mouse and the right-click contextual menu works as it should.

At least I have a workaround - be nice to see it fixed though.

Thanks - Kevin

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

6. kevinvh@mac.com

kevinvh@mac.com Member

John - I have sent attachment with support request