Rome Total War

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by klaus, Jun 6, 2006.

1. klaus

klaus Bit poster

I installed parallels, and then Rome Total War. Installation went fine, but when I start the game, it displays the following error message:

Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart the application

Except of course that the correct CD-ROM is already in the drive.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. jfrancis999

jfrancis999 Bit poster

Regardless of whether it installs or not, it won't run since it requires DirectX. Parallels doesn't support DirectX yet. No DirectX, no 3d graphics.

3. pogi

pogi Member

jfrancis999, parallels supports the directx software renderer. it works very slow(and limited I guess), but regardless, it still "works"... at least for me.

4. DotNetGuy

DotNetGuy Member

Likely, the CD-ROM contains copy protection which isn't supported by the virtual Parallels CD-ROM drive.

5. perle

perle Bit poster

You can rip the CD to your XP's drive, and then use a program called Daemon Tools (free) to mount the image with copy protection support. Then it should work.

6. mster142

mster142 Bit poster

just wanted to check up with the directX deal.. I read somewhere about a way to get it to work but I can no longer find the thread any ideas or does someone have the link to the thread with the information ???

7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

http://www.gamecopyworld.com

you can get the EXE for games there, that have ahd the protection removed so you dont need the CD inserted.

Rome Total War uses Safedisk that doesnt work through the emulated cd drive.

8. mster142

mster142 Bit poster

the issue I have with the game is that when I try playing the game I'm told that it can't locate directX..

I dont have a problem reading the cd just that it cant find directX.. now I know that parallel doesnt work with directx yet but I read somewhere in here that there was a way to get it to work...