Run Bioshock 2 in Parallels (FreeFall3 & MassEffect next)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by java, Feb 21, 2010.

1. java

java Member

Run Bioshock 2 in Parallels (Fallout 3 & MassEffect next)

I got Biosock 2 to work in Parallels 5.0 and Windows 7 64-bit ... I first bought the game from Direct2Drive and tried to download it from the site and run the download program by double clicking it from Finder. It would go through the install process, etc but would never run.

Anyway, I found that Direct2Drive has two download managers, one a simple DLM and the other from Comrade. So I installed Comrade and downloaded and installed the game thorugh this interface. Couple of points;

- performed the install though Comrade interface drom Direct2Drive
    - installed the program into the Windows c:\ drive

Seems like installing it into the C:\ drive within the VM is the key.

Going to try Fallout 3 and MasEffect next and will post results here.

I am running Windows 7 in window mode, set the game up to maximum video performance and it runs a little slow .. played with the graphic settings and it runs like a champ.

My machine is a Mac Pro tower, 2.93 GHz quad core, 16MB ram

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. java

java Member

Fallout 3 is working perfectly now; installed the same way as Bioshock 2.

- Modify your ini file (see below) to allow for multiple processors and the adjust some settings to run in Windows 7 and Parallels
    - should be Fallout.ini in C:|My Documents|My Games|Fallout folder
    - update netframe 4.0 (Windows site)
    - update to lates Fallout 3 pathe (1.7)
    - always open from the Fallout 3 Launcher
    - set video settings to 10:9 aspect ration, medium quality and windowed mode (or play around to see what works best for you)

ini File tweaks

bUseThreadedBlood=1
    bUseThreadedMorpher=1
    bUseThreadedTempEffects=1
    bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1
    bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1
    bUseMultiThreadedFaceGen=1
    iNumHavokThreads=5
    iThreads=9
    iOpenMPLevel=10

3. java

java Member

installed Mass Effect and it wouldn't work, dowloaded v 1.02 patch and am up and running

4. java

java Member

Mass Effect 2 working

installed the same as the other games, tweak the graphics properties a little bit in the game console. Works fine

5. p0rt3r

p0rt3r Bit poster

Mass Effect 2 shader problems

Can anybody please help me to fix shader problems while running Mass Effect in prallels? The game is running in Full HD with extremely fast frame rates, but the shaders just do not work out. Once shaders should have effect on character faces, i just see black / grey line instead of shading.

Also, could somebody please post the detailed graphic tweaks if this can fix that way?

Thank you in advance!!