ADDED: Safari extension: Open in EDGE!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by tomchauvi, Sep 11, 2019.

1. tomchauvi

tomchauvi Bit poster

Please add a "Open in Edge" function or replace the "Open in Internet Explorer" or let us configure the "Open in" extension by ourselves.

It's annoying to open in IE and always get the website tab "Try Edge"....

2. todayjobcircularbd

todayjobcircularbd Bit poster

Please add a Open in Edge function or replace the "Open in Internet Explorer" or let us configure the "Open in" extension by ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2019
  3. LesS

LesS Bit poster

There's currently a plugin to add "Open In" button to the Safari toolbar. The current plugin only works with Internet Explorer 15.1.3 (see screenshot). As Microsoft Edge is becoming the new default with its recent Chromium foundation, I propose that Parallels adds a plugin so that the "Open In" button can work with Microsoft Edge.

Attached Files:

4. BerndS16

BerndS16 Bit poster

Yes - I expected to start Edge and instead it started IE which told me immediately to use Edge...

5. JamesF23

JamesF23 Junior Member

I love the option of opening a page in Internet Explore over the Microsoft wrapped Chrome.

6. MatthewR20

MatthewR20 Most valuable person

In parallels desktop 19 the open in internet explorer extension has been replaced with the open in edge extension.
    Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 2.08.49 PM.png