Security risk with accounts on parallels website

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by lopsl, Jan 25, 2007.

1. lopsl

lopsl Bit poster

Has anyone noticed a glaring problem with the way you access your accounts on the parallels.com website ?
    It seems that all user accounts on the parallels website are not hosted on a secure website (as indicated by a https:// at the beginning of the url and the lock icon). Our logins are not encrypted, neither are the account details pages. This means all our account details and activation keys etc can be easily intercepted and acquired without too much difficulty. This is poor customer account management and should be fixed as soon as possible.
    Until parallels.com implement better account security, I suggest you put the minimum amount of information in your account.

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Since it isn't difficult, please retrieve my account details and email them to me at the address specified in said account details.

If you can't do that, I guess I'd have a different definition or "without too much difficulty" than you seem to.

The security seems appropriate for the situation to me. Please prove me wrong.