Security Update for Windows XP (KB890859)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MysticalOS, Dec 29, 2006.

1. MysticalOS

MysticalOS Junior Member

somehow parallels keeps making this update keep reappearing in windows update. Can keep installing it but it seems every time I upgrade parallels to a new build this update comes back. Is parallels patching something in windows that brings back this security update over and over?

2. Tom Savel

Tom Savel Bit poster

I'm noticing the exact same thing... using Build 3094. Not only did I make sure I installed that update..earlier in the evening, in parallels...but I then launched the same xp using boot camp...and made sure that all critical updates were applied. Again, in boot camp, it sees everything up to date. As soon as I go back into parallels...it asks to install the same update.

Thanks, Tom.

3. ebernet

ebernet Product Expert

same here....

i have been getting these updates again and again as well. I would rather not turn off auto updating - are you a Parallels seeing this as well? Note that in my case I am running off a Bootcamp partition.
    Thanks
    Eytan
    P.S. Build 3106, and it rocks btw

4. Tom Savel

Tom Savel Bit poster

Well said Eytan. :) I'm going to leave auto updating on - at least for now. Couldn't agree more - it rocks! Looking forward to hearing the team's thought on this.

Tom

5. cjsutton

cjsutton Bit poster

I'm having the same issue, which I've posted in another thread (search for "KB890859" and you'll find it) - maybe someone from the Parallels team can shed some light?

Thanks!

6. ATXP

ATXP Member

I'm having this problem too with RC1.

7. MysticalOS

MysticalOS Junior Member

Yup so am I. not fixed in RC1, nor are any of other bugs i reported. In fact USB device problems are even worse in OS X now, I get about two pages worth of those errors during startup.

8. ATXP

ATXP Member

This constant security update is annoyimg me. It might be causing possible shutdown problems for me. Is there a to get around it?

9. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

This is a KNOWN Windows problem.
    It has been covered in detail in this forum and details on how to fix it via the Microsoft Knowledge Base have been given.
    Suggest you search the forum.

ajm

10. ATXP

ATXP Member

Did another search to help and found another similar topic on the same issue. I tried the remedy and it nearly kill my Boot Camp setup. And I'm forced to call Microsoft to reactivate my Windows XP Pro. It's the first time. I wonder what will happen again when my Windows XP screwed up! Microsoft going to lock me out of my system?:mad: