Setting up a lab in Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by blazewon22, Jul 11, 2007.

1. blazewon22

blazewon22 Bit poster

I was hoping to set up a virtual lab in parallels with 2 Windows 2K3 servers and 2 Workstations.

I know I can create all the images, but i was curious of the best way to set up the network settings so I can have 1 server provide DNS and DHCP to the rest of the VMs

THanks in advance!

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hmm... Did you just try and do it? Use Bridged Networking. I have never done that particular configuration, my guess is that for proper access to an outside world you will need to either get yourself a router or use the physical machine.

3. blazewon22

blazewon22 Bit poster

I have a router at home, but this is my laptop and I would like to use it between work and home. I tried using shared networking and setting the dhcp range in Preferences. I figured from there i could use static ip addresses in the range. The problem is the vm's don't see each other. I know I can do this in VMWare workstation, maybe i will try Fusion.

Anyone else been able to do this?

4. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i usually have XP and a couple of versions of linux runing on my mac at work. They all talk to each other fine. If you setup your VMs to use bridged networking it will all work fine, as long as you share the computers resources correctly. I would have assumed you use DHCP at both home and work ?

5. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

Using bridged network will work but I doubt you will have enough resources to run four Windows VMs at the same time.