Shared Clipboard

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sdlavergne, Apr 6, 2006.

1. sdlavergne

sdlavergne Junior Member

Is this in the beta? I can't seem to copy from a Mac app then paste to my XP install.

2. ms @ parallels

ms @ parallels Parallels Team

No, this feature not supported in beta, but will be supported in next versions.

3. sdlavergne

sdlavergne Junior Member

Thanks! The Beta is quite stable so far. I am running on a 20" iMac. Ver. 10.4.5 with 1GB ram and with Win XP as my guest OS.

4. Zuul

Zuul Bit poster

I've actually gotten this work, by using the menu commands (Edit - Copy) on the Mac side, then Edit - Paste within PW. Takes a sec for it to appear in the synchronization clipboard, but it does.

5. ms @ parallels

ms @ parallels Parallels Team

This is dirty workaround and it can not working at all :) Also you must install Parallels Tools before use this.

6. 2flowers

2flowers Bit poster

Can you explain me a little more how did you do it it copy and paste?
    I follow your instructions and it do not work.

Also parrallels guy told to download Parallels Tools but they are not available to OSX.
    Is any way to copy and paste? its doesnt matter if its difficult but we really need it, as we have installed windows to run a very important software and we need to copy text from mac and past it on win hundreds of times a day.

thanks for you help

7. steltenp1

steltenp1 Bit poster

On my machine, I can use the Mac copy command (Apple+C keys) and then in Windows, I use the Windows paste command (Control+V keys) ... seems to work just fine. Going the other way, you use Control+C in Windows and Apple+V to paste back into Mac.