Shared file stopped sharing

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MaryJane, Feb 4, 2009.

1. MaryJane

MaryJane Junior Member

I have a mac os X and parallels 3..... I have a shared file which I use to share graphics/photos and it has worked for 2 years. I also seem to be able to access many other things on the mac side from windows.
    Problem - my "shared file" will not share any new data. The old things are still there on both sides but any new graphic I put on either side I cannot access from the other.
    I got around it by putting my drawings into Iphoto then pulling them off on the windows side to use in a program.
    While that was successful for that purpose there are other documents I want to share back to the mac side. Also some things are not appropriate for I photo so I really need the shared data feature. Thanks for any suggestions, MJ

2. MaryJane

MaryJane Junior Member

I have been reading others file issues and since I didn't want to reinstall everything I even read those. Problem solved - thanks forum for having all this info available....

3. Peter Canasius J L

Peter Canasius J L Forum Maven

Hi MaryJane,

Make sure that you enable the " Shared folders " option that heps you to use this function of sharing between Mac and Windows.

From the Windows Start menu, choose All programs -> Parallels -> Parallels Tools -> Enable the shared folders.

If you have already enable the option then Please install the latest MacFUSE version. When MacFUSE gets outdated for Mac OS X with the latest updates, file associations problems might occur. So updating it helps to eliminate these problems.