Shared folders not working-Any help Parallels?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by prock, Jun 2, 2006.

1. prock

prock Member

I have RC 2 and Parallel Tools running on a Macbook (Win XP). Have followed all the directions to share a folder without success. I can see the folder I've created on both the mac and XP side.When attempting to save files or even open the folder from within MS Office (windows) I get a message saying I do not have privileges to access the Shared folder. I am the admin on both the Mac and Windows accounts. I've tried creating a second shared folder similarly without success.

What is peculiar is that if I just save files to the Windows desktop and then move them into the shared folder it works, just not within Office. And, once I attempt to save from within Office (ad get the error message) then I can no longer access the shared folder by any means unless I reboot windows.

What I really want to do is transfer mail attachments from MS Outlook (XP side) to my OS X environment. Is there a better or different way?

Can someone from Parallels respond or at least acknowledge this as an issue?

Thanks,

Pete

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Yes - we know about this issue and it will be fixed. Please try specify full path to subfolder in Office instead of browsing it from the root.

3. prock

prock Member

Shared folders not working

Hi Andrew-

Thanks. I am not sure what you mean by specifying the full path for Office. Usually what I do is navigate to the shared folder from inside Office. Is there some other way to tell Office where to save the file to?

In the meantime, while you are addressing this for the next release of parallels, is there a work-around?

Pete

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

I mean that instead of browsing from \\.PSF\ you should enter full path \\.PSF\MYDIR1\MYDIR2\ blah-blah-blah. This should work.

The issue is already fixed and will be available soon.