Shared Networking problem in 3186

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ehamburg, Feb 28, 2007.

1. ehamburg

ehamburg Member

I downloaded 3186. Prior to installing I decided to uninstall and install the new version rather than upgrade as I was experiencing BSODs when restarting my XP VM when stopping or suspending in Coherence mode. So I installed and as is typical when first starting my VM under the new version I got the message about networking not working and that I should restart the Mac, which I did, but the networking message persisted. (The uninstall/reinstall may or not be relevent, but I am including my process in case it give anyone a clue as to why I am having the problem that follows.)

I looked at my network adapter configuration and notices that while "shared networking" was selected (and what I want it to be) any other options were greyed out. In any case I created an new network adapter. The only option that isn't greyed out is Bridged Networking. As, at this point this is my only way to get networking running, I created the new adapter with that option, disabled the original adapter and I am able to network in my VM.

Any ideas on a) what is wrong and/or b) how to create a network adapter (or re-enable my original adapter) with the shared networking option?