"Shared Web Applications" feature doesn't work correctly

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by phabmp, Aug 6, 2007.

1. phabmp

phabmp Bit poster

I've set Parallels to open all HTTP links in OS X, and in terms of getting Windows apps to open a new tab in Safari when I click on a link, the feature works fine. What I'm finding, though, is that after opening a link in Safari via a Windows program (in this case, mIRC), clicking on links in OS X-native applications no longer works. I can fix this by going into Safari's preferences and setting it as the default browser again, as Parallels had set itself as the default browser for OS X, for some reason. After I set it back to Safari, the issue arises again, each time requiring me to go into Safari and set it as the default browser (although all following times I do this, it already indicates that it's set as the default).

Is there any way to get around this bug currently (I'm using build 5060), or will I just have to wait until a later build to fix it?

Not that I'm complaining; I can put up with it for the time being, especially considering that Coherence makes Parallels such a joy to use.

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

This bug was found and fixed. Please wait the next beta.

Alexander