Sharing files between OS and XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by STNY978, Apr 6, 2007.

1. STNY978

STNY978 Bit poster

I'm an audio/video integrator who needs some advice. Here's the dilemma:

I have a customer who we installed a very nice McIntosh audio system for, controlled via a Crestron TPMC-8X remote. The Crestron remote is a wireless touch panel and has a remote desktop program to access a PC and control it.

The customer has a new 20" iMAC and iTunes on it loaded with all of their music. The iMac's audio output is connected as a source on the McIntosh audio system.

Had it been a PC with XP, the Crestron remote's remote desktop could have accessed the PC's desktop and you could open iTunes and play songs as if you were in front of the PC. The Crestron's remote desktop software is not compatible with MAC OS.

If we use Parallels on the iMAC and our VM is running XP, can we share their iTunes file with the VM so we can remotely access it with the Crestron remote to pick songs & playlists?

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

first try making the music collection a shared foldder

PD menu >> Devices >> Shared Folder >> Add

From Xp and a app file menu i can browse all of the Mac OS including my own (user name) desktop and external disks which have been shared

Hugh W

3. dglock2

dglock2 Hunter

Better still, he should post in the mac forum!

This is the windows/linux forum!

Why do mac people have so much trouble finding the proper forum?

don