Simply Accounting can not find files

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ASekul, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ASekul

ASekul Bit poster

I am running Parallels 4 on Mac OS X with Windows Vista Home Premium guest OS. I have installed Simply Accounting 2010 and it runs but when I try to print, it says it can not find the form. I enter settings in Simply Accounting and select the form to use using the "browse" button so I know the file is there. However, when I select the file and click OK, S.A. says "invalid file name". Do I have to edit the C:// prefix to the file name so that S.A. knows where to look?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

2. StanE

StanE Bit poster

Answer - But not what you want to hear

I have the same problem. It apparently has everything to do with windows UAC (User account control) and the Parallels file system (pfs).

Sage does not support virtualization environments.

If I find a solution, I will let you know. Please let me know if you get a solution.

Thanks

3. ASekul

ASekul Bit poster

Gave up trying

Hey StanE,

Thanks for the info. I think I ended up recreating the virtual machine and reinstalled SA. That got it working but it took a few tries. Not quite sure what I did. Now I am running Parallels 5 and SA premium. Works, but now I found that a download upgrade to SA does not work so I have to keep clicking "don't download".

Alex

4. secups

secups Bit poster

I'm having the same problem, but recreating the VM hasn't done the trick yet. Do you mind outlining the steps you used?

5. ASekul

ASekul Bit poster

I'm sorry I can't help you. I really don't know what I did.

6. BookkerW1

BookkerW1 Bit poster

I have the same problem with Simply accounting service I am running Parallels 4 on Mac OS X too I try outwardly Sage does not support virtualization environments.