Sluggish Software and Can't Print.....

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mathboy3, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mathboy3

mathboy3 Member

from home. At work, everything runs perfectly. This is all from the same computer...a MacBook loaded with Windows 2000 and 2 gig of ram. The ONLY difference is that at work I have a power adapter for a MacBook Pro (made by Apple) and at home I have the original power adapter that came with my MacBook. Why is this happening? I get the same exact experience with VMware Fusion.

2. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

hi,
    sorry but i didn't understand issue. Couldn't you specify it with more details?

3. mathboy3

mathboy3 Member

I can't print from Parallels at home (out of memory message) and have sluggish performance in some software.
    At work, no such issues.
    The only difference in the 2 scenarios is that I use a different power adapter at work (one made for a MacBook Pro).
    This all seems weird to me, however this has been going on for several months. The same exact issues exist in VMware Fusion.

4. David5000

David5000 Pro

Same printer model? Same connection from printer to computer?

I don't think the power adapter has anything to do with the printer problem, although I guess it is possible that the adapter at home isn't working, so you could actually be running on your battery and are switched to energy-saving settings that affect processor performance.

Have you tried switching the adapters?

David

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  5. mathboy3

mathboy3 Member

Different printers...but, I print wirelessly both at home and at work. I use Bonjour for Windows. It isn't just printing though. The actual software is sluggish opening a file.

The adapter at home definitely does work.

I will try and bring the adapter from work home and I guess that will help confirm whether that is it or not.

6. mathboy3

mathboy3 Member

Well....I finally figured out a solution to my problem. It is as simple as this...if I am at HOME, I need to make sure that my HOME PRINTER is the default printer. If I am at WORK, I need to make sure that my WORK PRINTER is the default printer. I don't understand why this has to be, but it works. Does anyone know why this is the case?