SMS access using Remote Control

Discussion in 'Parallels Mobile Device Management' started by ishtangli, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ishtangli

ishtangli

Noticed that SMS access has been disabled when using Remote Control via internet. It works for LAN connections though. Is this intentional? Any particular reason why and is there any way to enable it? I sometimes forget my phone would like to use this function when I do.

2. SeanBianco

SeanBianco

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

SMS is considered a private device feature and requires that the device user enables a privacy option for the administrator to be able to access Camera, SMS, Personal Web Server and Wifi Keyboard.

Enables the “Full remote access” option from the MDM Client > Privacy options to unlock these feature when connecting from the internet.

I also suggest reviewing this article about remote control: http://www.2x.com/support/documentation ... e-control/

3. ishtangli

ishtangli

One more thing, and this might be off topic, I've never had success connecting to my device when it's on 3G. No problems when it's on WIFI though. Any suggestions? Could it have anything to do with the fact that my provider gives out shared IP's?