So Many Tickets But No Support.

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by Pipdrums, May 13, 2007.

1. Pipdrums

Pipdrums Bit poster

No support for Workstation. I have sent numerous requests and received the automated email 'tickets' BUT NOT A SAUSAGE FROM A TECH SUPPORT 'HUMAN'. Do they even know that their company has also put a VM product out for Windows? (which I paid for).

I am not alone. There are numerous posts. Search 'Paralells Support Issues'.

My next stop is the FCC.

2. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Can you provide you tickets numbers ? Or just write your problem here, please.

3. Pipdrums

Pipdrums Bit poster

Installation

Hi,

Here is my problem. I am getting two error messages when attempting to install Parallels Workstation. The first tells me a problem has occurred installing Windows 2000 Drivers (with an optipon to send a report to Microsoft at which point I choose 'don't send'). The installation then attempts to install Network drivers. I then get a message saying 'Network Driver Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. (Again, an option to send report),
    Parallels then displays a window saying, 'Network Drivers Failed to install and setup cannot continue'.

The software has been gathering dust on my shelf. Can I now wipe the dust off?

Regardsd.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  4. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Ok. Can you provide more information?

You have windows 2000 as host (workstation or server?). What service pack you have installed?

5. Pipdrums

Pipdrums Bit poster

Hi Ynot,

My apologies for scant info. My PC is an Intel IV, 2.8GHz, 1G memory 120G primary IDE (running XP Home SP2), 120G secondary (Vista 32 RC2), 250G SATA (Vista 64 RC2), ATI AGP 128Mb. I think I should clarify that I have been unable to install Workstation itself onto XP from the get-go, due to the Network driver problems, (it's not an issue about installing Guest OSs or such).

Regards