Solaris 10 on Intel MacBook

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tazdiver, Sep 9, 2006.

1. tazdiver

tazdiver Bit poster

Hey all,
    I have been reading the threads and there is alot of talk about mac pros but I have not seen anything about the little macbooks.
    I have a 13" macbook running the new dual core intel chips but my solaris 10 will not install.
    I can get past the language screen.

anyone else seen this when doing an install? I have the 5 iso cd's on my harddrive, finding them is no problem.

Tks

2. IscariotJ

IscariotJ Member

I would download the DVD ISO, and try that. I've installed Solaris 10 6/06 several times with no issue on my MacBook..

3. tazdiver

tazdiver Bit poster

Still having mouse issues

Hey All,
    I have managed to get Solaris 10 up and running took a couple of times, and I found out that you definately need to burn the iso images to cd and not try and run them from the harddrive.

But I am still having issues with my mouse. It is not being recognized within the running OS.

I have run both Xorg and Xsun as my Xserver's tried both CDE and GNOME and no matter what mouse I pick whether its PS/2 etc nothing seems to work.

Its a bluetooth wireless mouse, and the trackpad does not seem to work either.

Any other suggestions?

4. IscariotJ

IscariotJ Member

You shouldn't need to burn the ISO. I installed 6/06 from the DVD image with no issue. What version of PD are you using?

As for your mouse, you need to be running Xorg, and choose PS/2. I have no problems using the trackpad.

5. tazdiver

tazdiver Bit poster

It Works!!!!!

Hey,
    Okay for those who want to flame me go for it, yes I finally got around to reading the pdf guide ( old sysadmin here, "Manuals!!! we don't need no stinking Manuals!!!!"

I ran the network.sh script, told it I was using DHCP and also upgraded to the latest build 1884.
    I am also running Xsun, and the mouse now works, funny I did not change anything from the 1848 build, but 1884 is working.

I have network capabilities and am in the process of setting up printing in the solaris 10 vm.
    The XP Pro install automatically added my network printer and I am fully networked to all the machines on my home network.

I will let everyone know if I get the solaris printing to work. I am going to try using CUPS.

Tks for all the info

Taz