Sound Input Issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelSinclair, Jun 25, 2007.

1. MichaelSinclair

MichaelSinclair Bit poster

New User up and running with 3.0 build 4128. There seems to be a problem or two in the sound drivers and emulation. Running XP Pro SP2 and have noticed that the microphone input is being properly transfered through to the current application running, however, no play through occurs. Microphone input is selected and not Muted in the Master Volume panel, but nothing is ever heard. How can this be? However, all XP Sound Alerts play correctly. Sound Recorder records correctly and plays back correctly. Still, no play through occurs as is the case on the real PC platform. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    --
    Michael

2. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

What do you mean by "play through"?

I use the sound input to Dragon frequently and have not have any troubles with it...

3. MichaelSinclair

MichaelSinclair Bit poster

Thanks for your response: ""What do you mean by "play through"?""

On any PC platform, if you have a sound source, as selected in the 'Recording Control' panel, then select that same source in the 'Master Volume' panel, you can hear that source play through. In nominal operation this is as expected.

However, in Parallels, this release, this installation, this is not the case. At least not in my experience. Input sources are connected, can be utilized, recorded, and, the Windows XP system generated sounds play out correctly.

What if I want to hear the input source(s)? As in my case, two VHF receivers are being piped into the stereo microphone analog input on the Mac Pro, where an application is decoding that stereo audio / 2 channels of data, right and left channels.

Now, normally, in the hardware PC platform, I could select that input in the 'Master Volume' panel and hear the 'Mirocphone' source input. Thus ==> ''Playing Thru'' Not the case in this VM.

Hopefully that helps.
    --
    Michael