Speed Tips

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ArendR, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ArendR

ArendR Bit poster

I'm running WIndows 7 with Parallels 6 on a 2010 Macbook Pro 2.66ghz with 4 gb of RAM. I work in eLearning, and much of what I do uses a program called Articulate, which is essentially a Powerpoint plugin that allows you to sync animations with voiceover, and package a Powerpoint presentation as an online course. It's only available for Windows, which is why I'm running Parallels.

For a while, everything was working fine. Lately, however, I can only sync my Articulate animations correctly for an hour or two in the morning, after the computer has been off for 8-10 hours or so. It seems to throw off the sync, so the animations I've set up don't seem to play in the correct location with the voiceover. I've run a defrag program in Mac OS X, but it doesn't seem to help much.

Can anyone offer some tips that might speed Windows up? I do plan on upgrading to 8 gb of RAM ASAP, but I'm concerned that this won't make enough of a difference. Do I need to run some software within Windows to speed things up? I'm afraid I'm a bit green with Windows.

Thank you very much in advance.

2. ArendR

ArendR Bit poster

I just realized this might be in the wrong forum. Can someone help?